Student Growth Norms. Common Core Reporting. ELL Report Profiles.
aimsweb’s ELL report profiles give educators more information about their ELL student’s academic performance and growth/rate of improvement. These enhanced aimsweb benchmark reports for grades K-5 provide the option to compare an ELL student with other ELL peers, giving the teacher these benefits:
- Identify ELL students whose academic issues are broader than English Language Proficiency (is the learning difference due to language difference or something else?)
- Lets teachers know the average rate of improvement to expect for an ELL student in reading
- Show student performance and growth relative to their ELL peers for better intervention and progress monitoring
- More closely connect English Language Proficiency and academic outcomes
Developed as part of a broader Pearson English Learning Solution, these report profiles offer information used to assist in the accurate evaluation of the academic performance and progress of students who are not proficient in English, taking into account their language proficiency level and grade level.
Click here to learn more, download a flyer and view a recorded overview video.
ROI Growth Norms
ROI growth norms are percentile norms that indicate the percentage of students in the large, representative national norm sample who had ROIs equal to or smaller than a particular ROI. Because growth rates vary by initial performance level, these norms are most meaningful when the comparison group consists of other students who had a similar level of initial performance. To be able to make such comparisons, five separate sets of ROI growth norms were developed for each grade and time interval (fall-winter, winter-spring, and fall-spring) that correspond to five ranges of initial scores (very low, low, average, high, and very high). Through the use of stratified comparison groups, the aimsweb ROI growth norms can help teachers more accurately interpret each student’s progress and set realistic yet challenging goals.
- Calculate a student’s Rate of Improvement (ROI) relative to the ROIs of other students at the same grade and at a similar level of initial score
- Set meaningful and realistic progress monitoring goals
- Look at the distribution of student ROI growth percentiles at the class, grade, school, and district levels
Learn more about ROI Growth Norms.
Common Core Reporting
aimsweb provides Common Core reporting for both math and reading. Report student math performance for grades 2-8, including relative strengths and weaknesses by Common Core domain as well as instructional recommendations for Pearson’s enVisionMATH Common Core, digits, or KeyMath-3 Essential Resources. Common Core reports for reading are also available, allowing educators to report the predicted level of success on Common Core aligned reading materials for grades K-8.
Click here to learn more and find valuable resources, including sample reports, overview guides, and a recorded overview of aimsweb & the Common Core led by Professor of School Psychology and CBM expert Dr. Mark Shinn.
High School Norms
aimsweb high school norms for grades 9-12 are based on a nationally representative sample of students that were assessed using aimsweb grade 8 measures for R-CBM, Maze, M-CAP, M-COMP, and Written Expression.
New Curriculum Linkages to Pearson’s digits and KeyMath-3 Essential Resources
aimsweb now provides a new set of curriculum reference guides for two Pearson products: digits and KeyMath-3 Essential Resources. These guides allow educators to target effective instruction after aimsweb screening assessments are given.